Friday, February 22, 2013

New Recipe - Must Try!

Happy Friday, friends! This has been a looooong week so I am VERY happy it's Friday!  So, last night I made the most amazing dinner - Justin said it was his all-time fave and he's even asked if we can have it again tonight.  I used this recipe from Skinny Taste (go ahead and bookmark this site) for Skinny Chicken Cordon Bleu, but made some changes:

Chicken Cordon Bleu
Skinnytaste.com
Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 2 pieces Old Pts: 8 pts Weight Watchers Points+: 8
Calories: 378 • Fat: 10 g • Protein: 55 g • Carbs: 8 g • Fiber: 0.5 g • Sugar: 1 g
Sodium: 813 mg (without salt)


 
Ingredients:
  • cooking spray
  • 12 thin sliced (36 oz total) skinless boneless chicken breasts, 3 oz each
  • salt and fresh cracked pepper
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 large egg whites
  • 1 tbsp water
  • 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 5 oz (6 slices) thinly sliced lean deli ham, sliced in half
  • 6 slices (4.4 oz) Sargento reduced fat Swiss cheese, cut in half
Directions:
    Preheat oven to 450°. Spray a large non-stick baking sheet with cooking spray.
    Wash and dry the chicken cutlets; lightly pound the chicken to make thinner and lightly season with salt and black pepper.
    Lay the chicken on a working surface and place a slice of ham on top of the chicken, then the cheese and roll, setting them aside seam side down.
    In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites along with water to make an egg wash.
    In another medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
    Dip the chicken into the egg wash, then into the breadcrumbs.
    Place chicken onto the baking sheet seem side down. Spray the top of the chicken with more cooking spray and bake about 25 minutes, or until until cooked. 

My changes:
  1. I don't use cooking spray - I use coconut oil.
  2. I used 2 chicken breast and fileted (is that even a word?) them into 3 cutlets each.
  3. I used panko breadcrumbs.
  4. I didn't have any ham - so I used bacon. Turkey bacon for me and regular bacon for Justin.
  5. I didn't have any swiss cheese - so I used a colby blend.  I also made some with feta for Justin.
One, I love this website because she provides WW point values - holla! Another website that I love is Eat Yourself Skinny - Kelly also provides WW point values for her recipes. Two, these things were amazing.  So flavorful and the panko breadcrumbs made them nice and crispy! I had 2 and Justin had 4 and we were both full! I was surprised that the point value for 2 was only 8 points - they tasted like they would be worth so much more! Three, the recipe was pretty simple, but, I will say that fileting the chicken breast was the most time consuming part.  Finally, here's a picture of one that I made for Justin (not the best picture, but, I forgot to take a picture right afer they came out of the oven):



No comments:

Post a Comment