Saturday, May 7, 2011

Weekend deals at CVS and Publix.

Peeps:

 Last night I headed to CVS to get some stuff to add to the stock pile.  I purchased the following:
  •  CVS mouthwash
  • (2) Right Guard deoderants
  • Tide
  • Gilette bodywash
  • (2) Old spice bodywash
  • (2) Dawn dish soaps
  • Charmin
  • Colgate toothpaste
  • 3 pack Ivory soap
  • 2 Reach toothbrushes
  • Bic Soleil Shimmer razor
All of this was worth $72.50, but I paid $32.10, plus got $9.77 worth of ECB's.  I think I am going to take the toothbrushes back because CVS wouldn't accept my coupon for them.  I purchased a double pack of toothbrushes for $3.99 and had a $1/2 coupon - but, I was told that the double pack was considered one toothbrush for purposes of the coupon.  That is one thing I hate about "couponing" - if one of my coupons doesn't work, it throws off my cashing out experience.  I should have told the employee that I didn't want the toothbrushes, instead of paying $3.99 for them.  It bothered me my whole drive home!

Today, I went to Publix and purchased $136.00 worth of groceries for $52.39.  Sa-weet! My Publix purchases were:
  • (4) bags of Tidy Cat kitty litter (I ended up getting them for less than 3 cents per bag)
  • Charcoal
  • (2) Pop Secret popcorn
  • (2) Klondike slim-a-bear frozen bars
  • (2) Windex multi surface spray
  • (2) Windex glass cleaner
  • (6) Crystal Light 8 quart cannisters
  • (2) Lysol toilet cleaner
  • (2) Whole Fruit sorbet
  • (2) Planters Trail Mix
  • (2) Glade candles (I ended up paying .75 cents per candle)
  • (2) Jell-O Temptations Mousse
  • (3) Birds Eye Steam fresh veggies
  • (2) Applegate Farms bacon
  • Eggs
  • Asparagus
  • Goat cheese
  • Chicken breast
  • (2) packs of granola bars
  • (2) Pantene shampoo/conditioner
Don't believe me??? Here's the proof:

No comments:

Post a Comment