Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sew excited.

Umm, so, JWP and I are in serious dicussions re: buy his grandparent's house (details will be discussed in another blog post).  I have decided that the only big ticket items that we are going to purchase are a sofa, loveseat, and recliner...other than that we are going to use what we have or I am going to channel my inner thrifty decorating skills and make it. Thrift stores..beware! In order to make some of the AMAZING projects that I've seen recently, I've realized that I need to learn now to sew.  I have never really used a sewing machine before and I cannot find a sewing class in the Bradenton/Sarasota that works with my schedule - so, I will be a self-taught sew-er.  I found a great book on Amazon with lots of pictures and I purchased this cute little number...
Holla! I am very excited and I'm sure after many mistakes and loads of curse words, I will have some fabulous pillows, curtains, and other sew-riffic items - ha! Anyone out there sew? Got any tips? Project ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment