Friday, August 12, 2011

Please help Cakes for Pace.

I volunteer with PACE Center for Girls, Manatee County. I have teamed up with Kim D., a PACE Board Member, to start a project where all of the PACE girls receive a birthday cake for their birthday. This idea came about while I was touring the Manatee County Pace Center. During the tour the Executive Director mentioned that many of the girls that attend PACE do not get their very own birthday celebration at home; rather, the only celebration they are a part of is the once-a-month birthday celebration that PACE provides.  Kim and I were very saddened by this fact and vowed to do something about it.....so, Cakes for Pace was born!

For $20.00 you can sponsor a birthday cake package for a PACE girl, the package includes (1) a 7inch round cake from Publix; (2) birthday candles; (3) birthday balloon; and (4) a birthday card. I have created a ChipIn account where you can donate through your paypal account – here is the link:
http://cakesforpace.chipin.com/cakes-for-pace.  Or, you can utilize that snazzy "widget" on the right hand side of my page.  Of course, any donation amount is appreciated!

Thank you very much for taking the time to visit my page and I appreciate you giving thought to making a donation to Cakes for Pace.  For more information about PACE, please go to:
http://www.pacecenter.org/.

P.S. If you do not have a paypal account and/or do not feel comfortable donating through  ChipIn – please contact me and I will give you my address and you can mail me a check, cash, or a Publix gift card!

Also, please feel free to pass this email and the ChipIn link to anyone you feel might be interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment