Thursday, February 21, 2013

Wednesday Weigh-in.

So, as you know, I started WW last Monday.  Yesterday was my first weigh-in day and I was down 4 pounds - yippee!!!  I must say I did pretty darn good staying within my daily allotments of points! Also, I power walked 4x's last week for a total of 9 miles.  So, even though I went over my daily points on Friday and Saturday, I was able to pull from my stock pile of activity points. 

The thing that I like the most about WW is that you do have the freedom to eat what you normally would (to a certain extent) so long as you pay attention to the serving size and stay within your points.  The reason that I went over on Friday is because I indulged a bit during our Valentine's Day dinner at Ocean Prime and also had two cocktails. The reason that I went over on Saturday is because I drank some beers at the festival.  I am someone that would have a glass or two of wine most nights - so, I've decided that while I am dedicating 3 months to WW, I will not buy any wine to have at the house.  That way I am limiting my wine intake to the rare occassions we eat out, or, when I am at a friend's house, or at my mom's or in-law's house.  Another thing I've started doing is preparing my lunch from the night before and, also, making sure I have lots of fruits and veggies on hand to grab on my way out the door.  This has really helped me to stay focused and keep myself within the daily points.  I've also been switching up my breakfast and snack options so that I don't get sick of eating the same thing every day.  WW has a free app for the Iphone called WW Scanner - you use it to scan the bar code on products and it tells you the point value.  This app has been a vital part of my grocery shopping - although I am pretty sure that I look like a crazy person scanning things in the aisle.  But skinny thoughts make me not care!  As for exercise, I've been mixing it up by walking on the treadmill some days and then outside other days.  I prefer to walk outside, so I've been taking advantage of the nice weather we've been having.  I want to start going to Pure Barre again to tone up - but, I want to get this weight off first. 

As far as motivation goes - my mom said that if I lost 15 pounds by the end of March, she would take me on a $500 shopping spree - holla! Also, I got the new Victoria's Secrets catalog yesterday and there are some CUTE swimsuits that I want to buy for summer.  Also, the fact that my clothes feel a little looser thereby making me feel better in my clothes helps... A LOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment