Friday, January 18, 2013

A little yellow in our lives.

Well, seeing as how I won't be shopping for clothes anytime soon because I haven't lost not one single pound...I've switched my focus and I've been "window shopping" for home goods. We recently rearranged our TV room and as a result needed to buy a lower, larger coffee table. We found the perfect one for $39.99 at Ikea. I've been going back and forth as to whether I want to buy a big rug for under the table, but, when we had the tile installed, the installer made a nice design in the middle of the room and I really didn't want to cover it up. Yesterday, I was checking in on one of my new favorite blogs, Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers, and Natalie was discussing the purchase of a new coffee table and whether she wanted to add ottomans to one side like such:


and I was immediately smitten with this idea and thought this would be PERFECT for the TV room.  Now, our coffee table looks more like this:


but, larger.  After reading Natalie's blog I began looking for ottomans that would go with our TV room and table.  I headed on over to Joss & Main and low and behold they had an event going on (and still going on) called The Perfect Pouf.  I found this amazing pouf and ordered 2:



Our home is decorated with beachy/nautical/coastal accents.  The walls in the TV room are deep beige and our accent wall is a light blue.  Our furniture is brown leather and I have blue accent pillows and peach/pink accent pillows.  You can see the accent wall and the accent pillows (and the cutest dog that ever lived, but, I might be a bit biased) in this picture:



To tie in the yellow poufs, I also ordered these pillows from another Joss & Main event called A Touch of Citrus (also, still going on):


These pillows go perfectly with the theme of our TV rooma and will help tie in the yellow.  I think the yellow accents will give this room the POP that it needs. I am SO excited for these items to be delivered! I will post some pics once the room is done. 


No comments:

Post a Comment