Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wedding Planning - It will make you CrAzY!

Last night I ran into an acquaintance who recently got engaged.  This bride-to-be knew that I recently got married and after asking how my wedding went, she quickly started asking me whether (1) I dealt with family issues about the wedding - check; (2) whether I thought about eloping - check; (3) whether I cried while wedding planning - check, check, and a multitude of other questions.  After calming her down by telling her that I experienced all of the above and much more, and that for the most part, it was normal, and that in the end it's all worth it, I couldn't help but feel sorry for her (and happy for myself that I no longer was in her situation).  Dude, wedding planning ain't easy and it made me certificably CRAZY and, unfortunately, I knew this bride-to-be was running down the crazy path as well.  I guess in some regards it's a right of passage and most brides experience the craziness and it makes you enjoy your special day all the more.  Honestly, I don't think that I could have gone one more day stressing, worrying, planning, or making something for our wedding - I was at the edge of the cliff and if I had to go one more day, I would have jumped! I don't think that I rised to the level of Bridezilla...but, I'm pretty sure I was knocking at the door! Seriously, I do not miss wedding planning AT ALL!


xoxo,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment