Wednesday, January 23, 2013

If you like Chicken Enchiladas.

I came across a recipe for Chicken Enchiladas on the blog My Life as a Mrs. that I love and that has made its way into the weekly rotation.  I revised the recipe a bit and typically I always have the ingredients on hand - it is so easy and so yummy! The recipe from My Life as a Mrs. is as follows:  

Mom's Easy Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

Ingredients:
1 1/3 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked & shredded
2 (10.5 ounce) cans cream of chicken condensed soup
1 cup sour cream
1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chilies
8 ounces cheddar cheese, divided
6 (8-inch) flour tortillas

For Serving: Pico de gallo, sour cream, and cilantro

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9 x 13 oven safe dish with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl gently mix together the chicken, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, green chilies, & 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Spoon about 1/2-3/4 cup of the mixture in a line down the center of each tortilla, roll, and place seam side down in prepared baking dish. Repeat until all tortillas are filled.
Note: you will have about 1-1 1/2 cups of the mixture remaining; spread this on top (down the center) of the prepared enchiladas & top with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake at 350ºF for 35-45 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Serve with pico de gallo, sour cream, and fresh chopped cilantro.

My revisions:
1.  I don't use cream of chicken soup.  Instead, I make my own sauce out of chicken broth, a bit of corn starch (to thicken), and homemade taco seasoning.
2. I don't add green chilies...Justin would not approve.

Also, make sure you get the smaller flour tortillas - the larger ones do not work as well!

Let me know if you like it!



No comments:

Post a Comment