Monday, March 14, 2011

and then there were 5.

I am not a cook. I have NO problem admitting that.  Prior to yesterday there were 4 meals that I had "mastered" (i.e. could make with less than a 5% percent of screwing up). They were:

1. Shepard's pie.
2. Cornflake crusted baked chicken.
3. Blue cheese burgers.
4. Fish tacos.

But now......drum roll, please........ I have a #5:

RIBS!!!!!

I am not one to toot my own horn, but damn my ribs were good!!! Like I said yesterday, I created a dry rub out of seasonings that I had and then smothered the ribs in bbq sauce.  I baked at 250 for an hour; flipped the ribs, reapplied bbq sauce, and baked for another hour; then flipped the ribs, reapplied bbq sauce, and then baked at 400 for 30 mins.

I may have even impressed JWP because he was like "you can cook." Now, now, now, don't get crazy, I don't think that mastering 5 meals really means you can cook....but, you gotta start somewhere, I guess!

Umm, yes, I had to capture this proud moment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment