Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The truth hurts.

A couple of weeks ago, I got this wild idea to sign up for a 5K. I am not a runner and have never been able to no matter how many times I've tried. So, I really don't know what I was thinking.  But, I thought I could start training and work my way up to running 3 miles.  The race is Friday and I can barely run a mile.  The truth hurts.

Two weeks ago I was able to run 2 miles, but, then I stopped training and got lazy and now there is no way in hell I will be able to run the 3 miles.  The truth hurts.

Last June I weighed 110 pounds.  I worked my butt off (literally) to drop the weight and walked 3 miles 5 days a week.  I loved my body and felt so happy that my hard work and motivation had paid off.  I got back in to size 2 clothing.  I've gained 25 pounds since last June.  The truth hurts.

As far as work clothes go: I am down to 3 pairs of pants, 1 skirt, and 4 dresses that fit me because of my weight gain.  The truth hurts.

All of my jeans are too tight and I'm down to 1 pair of shorts that fit.  The truth hurts.

I am loathing summer because I don't want to get into a swimsuit, nor, do I think that any of my swimsuits from last summer will fit. The truth hurts.

I feel so disgusting.  The truth hurts.

I just can't seem to get my motivation back.  The truth hurts.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! You have just completed Step 1 of the program - Acknowledgment! Step 2 is something that you are good at - Planning! It's time to design your action plan. You have already bought the treadmill, so you are part way there. My plan is to cut out bad food - the white processed stuff like sugar, white flour and white bread- and to add in one hour of exercise every day to make up for the 10 hours a day that I sit on my tush. You already know what to do, since you did it last year. Step 3 - take Action! That's where I am in the program and would love for you to join me :) I'm down 5 pounds in 2 weeks and it feels great! My goal weight is your starting weight - it's all relative. See you at the finish line!

    ReplyDelete