Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I'm just a little T-O'd

I came home today and started looking through the weekly ads for Publix, Albertsons, and Winn Dixie and figuring out what I needed based upon the sales and coupons that I had.  I realized that I would get most of my groceries from Albertsons this week, but, that Publix had some great deals on stuff that I needed.  I planned on doing my shopping this weekend, but, at about 8:00pm (on date night, nonetheless), I realized that the Publix sales that I wanted to take advantage of ended tonight.  So, I convinced JWP to go with me (once again I must note, it's date night...this is one of the reasons he is a keeper) to Publix to pick up a couple of things.  I wanted to get the following items: Birds Eye frozen veggies, Voskos yogurt, lavender Clorox bleach, Pompeian olive oil, Excedrin, Orbit gum, and Whiskas moist cat food.  I had a coupon for every single item.  Publix had Birds Eye frozen veggies 50% off - I had a Publix coupon for $1.00/2 and I had a manufacturer coupon for $1.00/3, so I got 3 bags and each bag ended up being $1.19 after the 50% off, for a total of $3.60.  The two coupons were then applied, so the 3 bags ended up costing me $1.60 total.  Publix had Voskos yogurt 10/$10, so they were $1.00 a piece.  I purchased 1 and I had a coupon for $1.00/1, so I got it for free.  Publix had Clorox Bleach 3/$5, so they were $1.67 a piece.  I purchased 1 and I had a coupon for $.25/1. So, it was about $1.42, which was about $.08 cheaper than the Publix brand and it was lavender scented!  The Pompeian olive oil was B1G1 free.  They were $5.99 each and I had two $1.00 coupons, so I was suppose to pay $3.99 for both (more on that later).  The Excedrin 100-count was on sale for $5.99 and I had a Target coupon for $3.00/1.  I ended up paying $2.99 for the Excedrin. The Orbit gum was $1.19 and I had a coupon for $.75/1.  Finally, Whiskas moist cat food was $5.00/10, so they were $.50 each.  I had a coupon for B1G1 free, so I got two for $.50.  While I was there, I noticed Crest pro health toothpaste (large tube) was on sale for $3.49, I had a coupon for $1.00/1, so I picked one up.  Finally, JWP and I were craving something sweet so I picked up at container of Stonyfield organic vanilla ice cream - it was $3.99 and I had a $.50 coupon.  We checked out and the total after my coupons and in-store savings was $22.46.  I had saved $22.17. The total was a little higher than I expected, but I knew I had picked up a few extra things, so, I tried not to think too much about it.  But, I shouldn't have doubted my gut feeling that the total wasn't right...beause, when I got home and checked my receipt, I realized that the olive oil did not ring up B1G1, so I paid for both bottles (at $5.99 a piece) and only got a $1.00 off of each. UGH!!!!!! It's been over an hour since I realized this and I'm still mad...I am beating the crap out of my keyboard right now typing this.  I know all I have to do tomorrow is go to Publix and get a refund of $5.99, plus tax, but, it still frustrates me SO bad.  I'm so mad at myself for not paying attention at the check out!!! Oh well, when it is all said and done, I would have paid about $16.00 for this:

and that's not too shabby!

No comments:

Post a Comment