Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Today's obsession.

So, this morning during my morning ritual of going on facebook to see what is going on in facebook land, I came across a post from Pitt Stop Bully's Rescue (a Tampa pitt bull rescue), sharing this link http://www.care2.com/causes/animal-welfare/blog/rescue-of-the-week-woman-squeezes-lifetime-of-love-into-one-week/. So, of course I clicked on the link, read the story, cried, and thought about how I need to do less talking about and, rather, take more action for animals.  If you know me, you know that I LOVE animals and that I've been known to shed some major tears over animals that have been hurt, neglected, and/or victims of cruelty.  Yes, I give money to the ASPCA on a monthly basis, yes I volunteer at the Honor Animal Rescue once a week; yes, I've read The Lost Dogs, and The Story about Oogy; yes, I've verbally assaulted (to those that would listen) Michael Vick; and yes, I attend various animal related charity organizations, but after reading the story about Ashley Owen Hill and the action she takes to make a difference in the lives of the dogs that she rescues....I realized that I have never taking affirmative action to change the life of an animal.  Instead of talking about the need to save animals, I need to go into the shelters and take pictures of the dogs that are on death row and post them on websites to hopefully get a person or organization to come adopt them before its too late; I need to physically rescue a dog from a shelter; I need to stop traffic and rescue a dog that is running in the middle of the street; I need to be more assertive in making a difference in the lives of animals.  Essentially, I NEED TO DO MORE.  Now, I'm not sure how I am going to be "less talk, and more action" - but, I am vowing to take affirmative action to save the life of an animal, or, like Ashley, to make a difference in the life of an animal that does not have much time left on this earth.  Now, who's with me???

No comments:

Post a Comment