Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weekend Wrap-up.

So, this was another action packed weekend in B-town.  Friday was the BIG 5K and boy was I nervous! I left work early and headed straight to the race site to pick up our race packets.  As I was driving down the road and I started seeing the cop cars, all the people, and all of the tents, and I started getting very nervous! In fact, I wanted to back out because I was so intimidated!! But, I didn't.  JWP and I got to the race site and got  ourselves situated.  I saw my 6th grade home room teacher at the race and she told me that her and her friends walked the race every year, so, and that they had gone to happy hour prior to getting to the race, so, I started feeling better that I wouldn't be the last person crossing the finishing line :) It seemed like an eternity before the race started, and I  even managed to lose and then find my ipod..but, finally we were off! I ran the first 1.5 miles and then ran/walk the last 1.5 miles.  I ran more than I walked, which was my goal, so I was proud of myself when I finished the race.  It took me 40mins and 8secs to finish the race - not the best time, but, a starting point.  I had such a great sense of accomplishment once I was done and I am already looking for my next 5K.

On Saturday we went to the Ponies for Pups event to benefit the Honor Animal Rescue. It was a polo match and a catered lunch event. I have always wanted to go to a polo match, so, this was the perfect excuse to get outside and watch some polo.  It was a beautiful day and we had fun.  Saturday night we went grocery shopping....don't be jealous of my exciting life! :)

Sunday was full of cleaning, crafting, Easter decorating (I will upload some pictures), and exercising.  I got A TON of stuff done today and I am ready for the week.

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!

P.S. I finished the necklace and some coffee koozies - so look for some giveaways soon!

xoxo,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment